A merger and acquisition had led to a great opportunity for the customer to consolidate the data, technology environments and also unify the business processes and applications. We were involved in Consulting, Solutioning impact analysis and development of various merger components.
- 50+ Applications to be migrated
- To Assess if components are required or not before migrating
- To check if components exist or not before migrating
- Lack of SME to make faster decision
- Bringing many teams together before decisions can be made
- Performed analysis to get the inventory of components to be migrated
- Detailed reviews with business and IT to finalize components to be migrated
- Detailed Impact Analysis of each component and proper decisioning on components to be sun-set
- Used the existing framework of the target environment to ensure usability and standardization of environment
- Informatica, Teradata BTEQ, Unix components where developed.
- Sunsetting of components resulted in license savings of $450K USD.
- Newer requirements could be meet.
- Improvised business decisioning due to on time information and faster changes to components.
- Rationalization of the Teradata environments.